Saturday, March 6, 2010

Workshop




With the decision to build behind me, and having chosen a kit made of sheet metal, it was time to get the garage workshop up to speed. After trolling many other builders' websites and forums, and doing much comparison shopping at various tool vendors, I got to work. Here is a pic of my shop as it was a couple of months ago. You can see the work tables that I built (plans courtesy of EAA Chapter 1000- thanks, guys!), as well as the general layout of the shop. Some people have the luxury of more space, and some have managed to build similar kits in square footage that would make my last apartment look spacious. Most builders manage to git'r'done in a space the size of my 2-car garage. I have the luxury of electric heat, and the insulation helps a bit. Gotta put up some drywall! Here's another pic- looks about ready!












No comments:

Post a Comment